Property management support for returning to the University
Last updated on June 3, 2021
The University’s Facilities & Services (F&S) department is committed to support our divisions and departments in planning and implementing a safe re-entry to campus.
The Property Management team within F&S is responsible for asset management of academic and administrative buildings on the St. George campus, ensuring that the buildings are kept in a state of good repair to enable the academic mission of our faculty and divisional clients.
Throughout the University’s pandemic response, the Property Management team is:
- Maintaining an on-campus presence.
- Continuing regular activities including inspecting buildings to ensure assets are maintained, responding to urgent matters, maintaining elevators, checking and testing fire prevention systems, managing projects for clients and managing deferred maintenance.
- Assisting faculties and divisions with re-entry planning and coordinating activities to ensure readiness among services such as access control, building systems and caretaking.
- Supporting the ventilation strategy and installing air purifiers
Supporting the health and safety of our community
To support the gradual return of activities to campus, property managers are working closely with divisions to:
- Implement measures in the General Workplace Guidelines in common and shared areas in buildings (such as stairwells, loading docks, corridors, elevators, lobbies and washrooms) in a streamlined, collaborative process:
- Property manager marks up building floorplans.
- Sends to chief administrative officers for review.
- Implements signage.
- Walks through with client and incorporate improvements.
- Ensure that contractors are aware of and comply with the COVID-19 procedures applicable to different areas.
- Continue to act on any items found in need of repair by assigning work to our internal trades group or external service providers to complete.