As you may have heard, due to a labour dispute, Canada Post may experience a service disruption as soon as Friday July 8.
In the event of a service disruption, Canada Post will not operate, sealing mailboxes and ceasing their mail & parcel delivery.
If a Canada Post service disruption occurs, mail at the University of Toronto will be affected in the following ways:
• Incoming mail and Priority Courier mail:
• All incoming mail and incoming Priority Courier mail will cease.
Departments should make alternative arrangements for such mail as appropriate to the type, value & urgency of the expected content (e.g. use email, private courier or fax).
• Outgoing mail:
• Canadian (domestic) mail normally handled by Canada Post will cease.
• Campus Mail will not pick-up any domestic first class mail as we do not have the storage space to store mail, particularly considering that we have no way of knowing how long a disruption might last.
• Campus Mail will continue to pick-up mail addressed to US & International destinations as we have an alternative service provider for such mail.
• Campus Mail will continue to pick-up parcels as we have an alternative service provider.
• Departments may directly hire alternative carriers themselves for parcels, including UPS (an approved supplier with Procurement Services) and other private couriers.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-978-2101.
For negotiation updates go to canadapost.ca/update on Canada Post’s website.