Our Environmental Protection Services and Hazardous Construction Materials teams support the collection, disposal and removal of hazardous waste safely, efficiently, and in compliance with the University’s environmental health and safety guidelines.
The Environmental Protection Services team handles the disposal of biological, chemical and radioactive waste. The Hazardous Construction Materials team manages hazardous building construction materials.
Environmental Protection Services
- Closing, moving, or renovating laboratories
- Disposing of biological, chemical, and radioactive waste, toxins and treatments, polychlorinated biphenyls, and gas cylinders
- Maintaining waste manifest procedures
- Registering information and updates with the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks
- Recycling batteries
- Responding to major chemical spill emergencies
Hazardous Construction Materials
- Conducting pre-construction surveys for designated substances and other hazardous materials
- Inspecting and sampling materials containing asbestos
- Overseeing designated substances abatement projects
- Overseeing mould remediation projects
- Preparing building asbestos survey reports
- Preparing designated substances abatement scope and specifications
- Providing tri-campus worker training for asbestos work procedures
|Group||Trade Code||Regular Rate||Overtime Rate*|
|Environmental Protection Services||60||$45.00||$67.50|
*For overtime or after-hours work you will be charged for a minimum of four hours.