Our Trades team offers a wide variety of trades services. Our seven trade shops are operated by skilled trades professionals who know the campus inside and out. We strive to deliver high quality artisanship at a competitive price and take great care to preserve the historic materials of our campus.
We also prioritize the safety and wellbeing of the University community. We have received specialized training and know how to manage workplace hazards, asbestos, and work at heights.
- Sheet metal
- Steam fitting
- Set up safety measures (i.e., trip hazards, safety barriers, fencing, hoarding)
Furniture and millwork
- Design, build, finish, install and repair cabinetry, millwork, and countertops
- Construct, refinish, repair and install furniture (e.g., tables, desks, chairs and shelving)
- Reconfigure ergonomic desk space
- Install dispensers, keyboard trays, audiovisual equipment, bulletin boards, whiteboards, glass boards, and smart boards
Windows and doors
- Build, maintain and repair non-electric doors and door closers
- Construct new doors to match heritage doors
- Install doors, door frames, signage, and new door hardware
- Install and repair windows, blinds and other window hardware
Ceilings, floors and walls
- Maintain and repair drywall
- Install and repair caulking, trim, wall base, ceilings and flooring (e.g., vinyl, carpet and wood), and washroom partitions and hardware
|Group||Trade Code||Regular Rate||Overtime Rate*|
*You will be charged for a minimum of four hours for all overtime or after-hours work.