A carpenter performs a wide variety of duties related to the building and maintenance of furniture, fixtures and structural applications as they apply to the carpentry trade. May participate in other duties related to Physical Plant operations.
- Constructs and maintains structural woodwork, shelving, flooring, tables, chairs etc.
- Performs renovations as required.
- Performs drywall, boarding, taping and sanding.
- Minor glazing and caulking as required.
- Builds and installs cupboards, bookcases, tack boards etc.
- Installs for doors, cupboards, windows.
- Repairs furniture.
- Constructs and finishes cabinetwork and furniture from rough schematics and blueprints.
- Sets up scaffolding as needed.
- Experience in rough and finished carpentry and cabinet construction.
- Ability to read and work from blueprints and drawings.
- Some knowledge of refinishing and painting furniture.
- Safe and effective use of power tools and hand tools.