District Energy and Utilities
- Supplying heating and/or cooling media and high voltage electricity to multiple buildings from centralized production plants on the St. George campus through a district energy system consisting of our Central Steam Plant, 3 chiller plants, and Central Electrical Distribution System
- Generating 6MW of power at the combined heat and power facility housed in the central power plant (co‐generaon)
- Operating and maintaining the University tunnel, electrical duct bank and direct buried piping systems
- Procurement of natural gas, electricity, fuel oil, water and purchased steam for the University
- Coordinating all actions affecting campus district heating and cooling systems, electrical duct banks and other buried mechanical services including conducting underground service locations.
- Providing service and advice to the University’s external customers regarding power, heating and cooling