Fire Emergency Procedures for Mobility-Impaired Persons
WHEN THE FIRE ALARM SOUNDS:
If on ground floor, exit by normal means.
If above or below the ground floor:
• Telephone the Campus Police emergency (416)978-2222 from the nearest phone or cellular phone.
• Tell the campus police dispatcher that the fire alarm in your building is sounding and you are mobility impaired and cannot leave your floor area. If you smell smoke, or are in immediate danger, inform the dispatcher.
• Provide your exact location – Floor and Room Number.
• Provide the phone number and extension you are calling from. Your information will be relayed to emergency response personnel who are en route or on scene. Toronto Fire Services will facilitate your evacuation if your safety is compromised.
• In the conditions at your location deteriorate (any increased danger or hazard), call the dispatcher immediately with an update.