- Paying Vendors Invoices
- Guide to Financial Management (GTFM)
- Procurement Policy
- Contacting Accounts Payable
Accounts Payable invoices should be sent by either mail to the attention of the Accounts Payable Department at:
University of Toronto
Facilities & Services
Attn: Accounts Payable Dept
255 McCaul Street, 4th Floor
Toronto, ON, M5T 1W7
OR Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Facilities & Services Department of the University of Toronto has implemented an automated Accounts Payable System to process vendor invoices. A key requirement of this new system is that ALL invoices must be submitted directly by either mail or email to the above address.
The following key requirements need to be complied with in order to process payment of vendor invoice(s) in a timely manner:
Vendors must submit invoices that only relate to the Facilities & Services department (F&S). Invoices that do not belong to F&S will not be processed for payment. It is the vendor’s responsibility to submit such invoices directly to the appropriate department.
Vendors must submit the invoice only once. Do not send the same invoice by mail and by email. Do not re-send the invoice at a later date either. If you send the same invoice multiple times, the system will flag both invoices as duplicate invoices and will not process any of the invoices.
Vendors should not mail, email or hand deliver invoices directly to your contacts at Facilities & Services. There will be a delay in processing invoices if vendors do not send invoices directly by mail or email to the address noted above.
When sending invoice(s) via email, the following rules apply:
- Send only one invoice per PDF attachment. Do not send multiple invoices in one attachment.
- Do not send invoices using any other format such as Word, Excel, etc.
- Do not include any other attachments such as electronic signatures, vCards, logos, pictures, etc.
The system will reject the non-complying attachments and consequently, the invoice will not get processed for payment.
Vendor should indicate on the invoice your contact’s name at F&S and where applicable, include the correct Service Order # or the Purchase Order # on the invoice. These details help us to know who is responsible for that specific invoice and failure to note this information may cause unnecessary delay in processing the invoice.
Invoices will be paid within 35 days of receipt of invoice – please do not contact Accounts Payable to check payment status during this 35-day window.
This guide to financial management is a key resource for financial administrators, staff and faculty on how to handle financial related matters at the University of Toronto.
You can access the GTFM using the following link:
- Travel and Other Reimbursable Expenses – Policies and Guidelines:
The specific policies and guidelines relating to travel and other reimbursable expenses can be found under the following link:
- The University procurement policy can be found under the following link:
- The basic guidelines relating to the purchase of goods or non-consulting services based on the $ value, can be found under the following link:
- University of Toronto Approved suppliers List
Procurement Services, on behalf of the University of Toronto, has entered into competitively procured agreements with suppliers of various standard goods and services. Where a negotiated agreement is in place, the supplier enjoys “Approved Supplier” status at the University.
- To verify if a vendor is an “Approved Supplier”, please use the following link:http://www.procurement.utoronto.ca/programs-and-services/approved-suppliers
|Name||Phone Number||Email Address|
Fax number is 416-978-3920
Accounts Payable email address: email@example.com